17th May, 2016 BELIEVE IN SHIPLEY PRAYER FOCUS JUNE 2016
The Believe in Shipley mission week will take place between 25th September and 2nd October. The week will provide a focus for events organised under the banner of Shipley Christians Together and also for more local events run by individual church fellowships in the Shipley area.
This month, let’s give thanks for:
* The fact that we now have a central programme for the 10 days of the Mission
* The large variety of events that are now going to take place during the week.
* The willingness of Archbishop Sentamu, poet Stewart Henderson and Rugby player Jamie Buchanan to support Believe in Shipley and be with us for part of the week.
* Open doors. The police, the local council and at a lower level, the staff of Victoria Hall have been very supportive of what we are trying to do.
* The continued energy and enthusiasm of the steering committee and the various people heading up specific events
Let’s continue to pray for:
* The steering committee of Believe in Shipley; most are now back to full health but still needing God’s protection and our support. Caroline Andrews has had to be readmitted to hospital and will have to have another operation.
* The various groups organizing events during the Believe in Shipley week: Debbie Skowronski and the team organizing the Big Picnic, John Froud and associates organizing music nights in a pub during the week, Daryl Hackett who will be coming to Shipley market square, Members of Shipley Baptist Church organizing events for the Big Bus, James Stannett and team organizing the youth event in Roberts’ Park, the St. Peter’s team organizing the visit of Jamie Buchanan
* Ourselves that our lives and words would cause those around us to seek God more and to be looking for answers to their questions in our Lord.
* Those around us that God will be working in their lives drawing them to Himself.
* Those living in Shipley on the margins of society due to homelessness, addictions, poverty, exploitation buy synthroid online. Pray that God will rise up more Christians to work and walk alongside these people, again pointing them to Himself.